|| Content ||

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A story to be pass through

...Salam..

Today I've start seating in my workplace for master's work..
since I'm new in this room.. so a chance to meet new friends.
What I want to share today is a story regarding "syibli"..
well not me .. a story of one Ulama' in Iraq, this story was told to me by a friends
from Iraq when I mention my name..and he remember this Ulama' and this is the
short story that we could learn something on it :

One day Ulama' Syibli was talking with a tree (palm tree),
and their conversation goes like this :

Palm Tree : Dear friend, be like me
Ulama Syibli : what do you mean ?
Palm Tree : When people throw rocks at me, I return to them fruits.
(a lesson to be learn : give benefit to others even their are hurting you)

Ulama Syibli : But tree, even thought you give them fruit when their throw rocks at you
why at the end you will go to the fire ?
Palm Tree : Well my friend, because I'm following the wind, when they go south I go,
They go west, I go... and so on.

The Lesson
the second part of this story does have greater lesson.
What can you learn..?? confuse ?
the explanation is like this :
Even though you do good, but if you still follow your "nafs" (nafsu) or desire in
your life.. the end is the fire.

Means that we should not said that we have do goods and confident that we will
not go to the hellfire, while at the same time we are still following our "nafs"(nafsu)/desire.
So friends, we should do good and at the same time take control in our "nafs"/desire because most of the desire will lead us to bad things..



Hope my short writing will give benefits firstly to me.. and others hopefully, InsyaAllah.



No comments:

Post a Comment